Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tail

For the BYOND game Fairy Tail by Ryan-hemsley

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurei

Kurei

Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:09 am

I have my own thoughts on this, but I'd really like other people to chime in. Basically, I feel doing certain missions (as mission variety increases) should automatically give you X amount of points in a chosen stat upon completion (along w/ the passive bonuses mentioned in my other topic if the passive revamps are approved).

X in this situation is relevant to the mission's rank:

D = 1 stat
C = 2 stats
B = 3 stats
A = 4 stats
S = 5 stats
SS = 6 stats

Of course, if missions kept their current spammability this could become hectic and result in building stats far too fast, and everyone would be gods within 10 minutes. That's why the cooldown on specific mission ranks should be 5 minutes times the number of stat points they give. Each mission timer is individual based on its rank, however to prevent omg-spamming of missions, I think each Guild should get a new statistic called "Client Satisfaction". This stat increases 1~6% every time a guild members completes a mission, and goes down to 0% every two hours or if GS is reset by the admin verb. If Client Satisfaction is 100%, no more missions can be done (Consider how many members are in some guilds -- this could fill up quite fast).

Normal training can still be engaged while missions are on cooldown or client satisfaction is full, thereby, missions do not replace standard training as the sole form of leveling up.
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am

Supported
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET

Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 am

Yes give guild masters the ability to get 6 stats every.. Single... Dragon... killed. Totally a great idea...
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 am

Ghost of ET wrote:
Yes give guild masters the ability to get 6 stats every.. Single... Dragon... killed. Totally a great idea...

Stat cap is the answer to all

Stat cap is love

Stat cap is life
Back to top Go down
Kurei

Kurei

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:40 am

Ghost of ET wrote:

I was thinking of doubling the time from 5*Rank to 10*Rank or even 15*Rank i the case of SS (basically an hour to almost 2 hours per SS mission). Also Client Satisfaction would go up +6% for an SS completion, now add that to the possibility of all your other members practically spamming it to 90%+ by the time you kill the dragon.

Also, gotta consider which stat it awards -- does it give MR? MP? Speed? could end up being "worthless" till there's more than one SS mission.
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET

Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 am

Yes give a stat capp, and let this idea go through. So that guild masters. Have no more purpose. And only good thing about them. is kicking people, and making them strongest. And maybe Law. if you even use mp. Sure they can get money. But nothing is over price in game currently. No reason to train? People will stop playing once max level. Way around your flaws? Make it so people can still get stats. When leveling up. The End.
Back to top Go down
Kurei

Kurei

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:44 am

Specific-limit cap would definitely suck. current train rate with Total-Limit isn't too bad as long as it's handled properly and put alongside other ways to grow stronger (Disclaimer: Giving certain guilds additional cap increasing passives was a bad example and I should have edited that out XD).
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 am

Just make that get the highest stats be hard, for example BLN, you take too much time for get the max lvl, and even with that ppl plays it.

So are you telling me that...

No life or Play more than others> Skill?

Wheres the skill? Dont you need to be skilled for win you just gotta play more?
Back to top Go down
Norbert

Norbert

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 am

Missions shouldnt give stat´s total. That´s what i think. I think more things to buy like Equipment or more profession stuff would be better than giving out stats with completing missions.
Back to top Go down
Kurei

Kurei

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

Norbert wrote:
Missions shouldnt give stat´s total. That´s what i think. I think more things to buy like Equipment or more profession stuff would be better than giving out stats with completing missions.

That's definitely a possibility, but if you've noticed...every Magic Tool gets turned into it's own magic type instead of being usable by any player. Guns, Rings, and Swords/Armors are all magic tools, but people who specialize in requipping can switch the tools around quicker that other (Even Erza's edolas counterpart WTF'd at how quick she flopped gears).

Just seems like Ryan wants to rely on us having 2 spell types and no magic tools really. XD hilarious when you consider that BTO/SS combo with nothing (Except the old version of Ice Make, idk about the new one though).
Back to top Go down
Norbert

Norbert

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am

We should go for certain type of Equipment equipable by anyone. And the op gear only equipable by the magics for it.

for example:

Norbert ( Water & Airpsace) wears a staff giving +5MP-Based dmg.
Kurei ( Erza-Requip Mage) wears a darkness sword ( needs to have Requip Magic to wear) giving +50STR-Based dmg.

Just an example with bad values... but nvm that.
Back to top Go down
Kurei

Kurei

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 am

I'm just afraid Jura's staff is gonna get shoved into Mystogan's Staff Magics. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training   Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Missions to speed up Training
Page 1 of 1