Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tail

For the BYOND game Fairy Tail by Ryan-hemsley

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions

Go down 
+4
rodoux
AzureRose
Kurei
Aomine Daiki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aomine Daiki

Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm

I.  Experience Caps:

As it stands in game right now, you have to reach certain amount of experience in each stat in order to gain a level in it.  For example, right now my character sits at 260 speed, in order to level him up to 261 speed, it would take 47,040 experience.  This leads to the suggestion I would like to make, at this current point in time the game offers stat caps of 1,000 each, followed by Magic Points which you can add to the stats once you hit that 1,000 level stat.  However, once you think about, it's redundant to have the Magic Points because I doubt many (Possibly even none) in game will even get to 500 in a single stat, let alone cap at 1,000.  Double that 47,040 experience hit it takes and it equals 94,080 experience in order to reach 520 speed, how much do you think it will take to get to 1,000?  I don't feel like doing the math, and that's what leads to the suggestion.  I would like to see a fixed experience cap on each stat once you hit a certain point, meaning you continually train and when you reach a certain threshold in level for a stat, that is when the experience it takes to raise the stat to the next level stays the same.   For example, it would take the same amount of experience to get 260 in a stat that it does to get 261 (obviously just an example).  Right now I would put the fixed experience number at about 20,000 - 25,000, but it's obviously not my choice, just my suggestion.  Doing this not only helps this tedious training program it takes to be strong in this game, but also makes Magic Points relevant.

By the way, no I would not like this added for the overall character leveling portion, just the stats, I think the character leveling is fine the way it is.

II.  Second Origin:

I was just noticing that the GM in Grimmoire Heart (or the time mage once their appointed) is able to bring out the second origin out of people, and that's perfectly fine.  However, I do NOT believe that second origin is something that should strickly be under the control of the time mage in game.  If you read the manga, or even watched the anime you see that Second Origin is a concept that was discovered over time by mages, and can technically be trained for.  It doesn't require having a time mage open it for you, I think that once you hit a point in "Magika", for instance maybe 5,000 - 7,000, you should automatically get the second origin.  However, this doesn't mean taking away the ability from the Time Mage they can keep it, it just makes them able to unlock the power for the person whether they have the "Magika" req or not.

Just some simple suggestions, from a simple guy, thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Kurei

Kurei

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:25 pm

@The bit about second origin (Love the first idea, personally) --

I think it should be handled differently, TBH.

As Ur said, using her spell, the SO was 'forced' on the mages, and only those naturally close to the threshold would survive the magic. That said, I think each character should be flagged at creation with a hidden level that they will naturally unlock SO. This level should be above A-class slightly, upwards to extremely close to cap. The current TM spell could then 'force' you to reach SO if you are able to survive the spell (Currently you need about 5k hp if the person just BARELY made 500 MP to survive the spell),however, if you reach your flagged level first (I.E. say I got a flag of 80) you will automatically trigger SO on your own. You'll get a message similar to whatever it says for SO currently, but you will not take damage/die XD.

That said, I also think SO should be a 'Hidden' boost so it doesn't count towards your overall stat cap. I.E. SO boost is +30 all currently, all but hp/magicka/stam increases would be masked, and your total stats are basically 1,030.
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:35 am

Or. Or or. We can leave it the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 am

AzureRose wrote:
Or. Or or. We can leave it the way it is.

lol sorry Azu, I know that right now you're the time mage that gives everyone SO, but I think that SO needs to be reworked so that it is something that everyone can get with training or reworked so that only a few people can get it once they create a character like Kurei said.

Second Origin isn't something that can just be opened with a time mage in the anime.
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:12 pm

If the game were to go by everything in the anime FDS would be destroying everything.
Also I'm not the time mage, I was the time mage for a few hours.
At the moment we do tournaments, winners unlock SO. The people who want SO should train, the people who have SO can't re-enter tournaments.

Also I think it's fine to give players control over a boost that can be given in game.

But then again, it's Ryan\Mechs decision, nothing we say can change that so here is where I drop it.
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:54 am

I think it should be able to be unlocked after some high stat as suggested, it can be get by Time mage or Trainning, so all of us can be happy.
Back to top Go down
Eiry

Eiry

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 am

Right now... there are many people who have over 500 stats. Such as Azure, Vesidar, or Wiz.
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:36 pm

Only like 3 or 4 dudes in a game inhabited by 40 - 50...
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:45 pm

1, the only person who has a stat over 500 is Goodtoothz and it's str and Speed. Get your facts straight, my highest stat is 368 speed. GTFO with that.
2, I'm the time mage again, still going to be doing tournys to give away SO. So stop trying to get it for free. Go train your little asses off and fight in the tournaments I host, get SO and be on your merry way.
3, Nothing wrong with SO as it is.
4, If the game was ment to make everyone happy then it would be shit, k.
Back to top Go down
Eiry

Eiry

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

AzureRose wrote:
1, the only person who has a stat over 500 is Goodtoothz and it's str and Speed. Get your facts straight, my highest stat is 368 speed. GTFO with that.
2, I'm the time mage again, still going to be doing tournys to give away SO. So stop trying to get it for free. Go train your little asses off and fight in the tournaments I host, get SO and be on your merry way.
3, Nothing wrong with SO as it is.
4, If the game was ment to make everyone happy then it would be shit, k.

Dang... that rage.

Apparently high stats is an "insult."  Shocked 

It's just a suggestion.  Laughing

Apparently if everyone was not happy, it would be better...? Isn't the point for everyone to be happy so that everyone enjoys the game, rather than hate it?  Surprised

So then you're saying it's better to have only a few people to be happy rather than everyone to be happy?
That doesn't sound right...  No

How could you be so cruel? Sad
Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Azumanga-Chiyo-chan-crying
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 am

How dare you bring Chiyo into this O_O

My thing is, you all want it easy.
Last wipe, the req to get time mage was 500 MP because SO does 30 hits of half your MP. So you had to have a certain amount of health to get it. Yea, I believe that's fair, the req goes up with the Time mages MP, and he wasn't conserved with it.
I'm using SO as a tournament prize, so that people have a reason to train harder for that extra 30 MP, I believe that is fair.

So who has had time mage and has not been fair with the distribution of SO?
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:04 am

Also at that rage comment. Does Poppy Bros Jr. look like the face of mercy to you?
Back to top Go down
Shizu

Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:17 pm

AzureRose wrote:
Also at that rage comment. Does Poppy Bros Jr. look like the face of mercy to you?

That reply my god
Back to top Go down
NotCorn

NotCorn

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:00 am

I think its a great idea to be able to unlock SO on your own; the tournaments to unlock SO would only be so that you could get SO -early-.

Unlocking it on your own between 400-500 stats seems pretty decent since it takes a while to get your stats that high; not to mention throw in a level of 125 needed to do it and you're all good.

Don't listen to Azu, she's just a rager Razz

Sincerely,
Corn loves you all.

Last edited by NotCorn on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 am

The game is kind of becoming stale, I think the stat caps are needed in a bad way to at least drum up some interest right now it would probably make people more active. Instead of over half the game sitting in the sz zone meditating while playing other games.
Back to top Go down
NotCorn

NotCorn

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Stats need to be handled differently, it takes a bit too much effort after 300. Its really grindy and i've only managed to get to 500 stats after day 1 till now. We've just recently found a bug people were abusing to even get past 400 stats fast too.
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

I was wondering how ppl could have +500 stats with ease when i have been using arena and meditating all the days and i could get +340
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:21 am

Well, you have two problems right now Aomine. You don't seem to understand that the game is still in it's testing phases. Things are still being added and changed. The game isn't going to be OMGSOFUNHOLYSHIIIIIT right away. Give it some time and it'll get better.
Your second problem is that you're sitting in a bloody safe zone mediating while playing other games. Try actually training, participating in events, and Mod\admin hosted events.
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 am

I don't think either of those are problems, simply b/c i have seen games in testing phases that have been fun, and I don't safe zone meditate unless im bored o.O
Back to top Go down
AzureRose

AzureRose

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 am

k
Back to top Go down
Mech

Mech

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:48 am

currently there are no caps, the problem is ryan's code kind of is still messed up, doesnt matter really, the stat gains are changing anyway off this 'experience amount' for each stat

second of all, as far as second origin goes, i dont feel like hunting down an example of someone getting SO outside of receiving it from the Time Arc person, add on to it, second origin release is a time arc spell, lastly: guess what, in anime manga SO(the other part to your magicka container), is a boost to your magic power, and in game its a +30 stat boost to everything, so you can go and be happy that i dont turn into a dick about that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions   Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Your Basic Training Benefits Suggestions
Page 1 of 1