Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tail

For the BYOND game Fairy Tail by Ryan-hemsley

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 3 Magics that need nerfs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aomine Daiki

Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

This is all just superficial analysis, not going in depth on anything because it would take too long, simply stating what I think needs to be nerfed based on observation from within the game.

1) White Dragon Slayer - Since when was Sting ever strong? He was light work. So why is White Dragon Slayer magic so over powered? Doesn't even take skill, any nub can be it, have even average stats, and be devastating, so lame. Nerf the attacks down to IDS levels, hell Gajeel was stronger than Sting anyway.

2) Sky God Slayer - Nerf the healing, make it drain more magik, or put a heavy cool down effect on it. Preferably I would like to see all 3 things done, but two of these three would be fine. Too many nubs running around healing themselves thinking their pro b/c they can outlast their opponents whn they ahve no business winning in the first place.

3) Dark Ecriture - So since when was Freed ever devastating? Swear he got beat the fuck down by Mirajane, yet no one picks Satan Soul in this game because it's weak. Nerf this magic, shouldn't be as strong as it is.

Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:43 am

I will answer you since i see that you dont know about this game.

"Since when was Sting ever strong?" "hell Gajeel was stronger than Sting anyway." Ridiculous, the strenght of the magics in the game arent based in the anime, you arent Sting so you wont have the same strenght as him, your stats arent the same as him, in the anime Satan Soul/Heavenly Body and other magics are op, but in the game they arent op, so dont talk about magics based on the anime just cause "in the anime it is weak/strong". Btw LDS was nerfed like 1 week ago (Cant stack DF and WD).

"Nerf the healing, make it drain more magik, or put a heavy cool down effect on it." Have you been SGS? It rapes your magika, i have 7.5 k and i have lost fights cause i dont have more magika, Mech already nerfed SGS like 2 days ago, now SGS heals -1 k than before. You have to go farr of your enemy, you wont want to be stunned when your enemy is 1 tile of you.

"Nerf this magic, shouldn't be as strong as it is." (DE). The magic is fine, the only thins that needs a nerf is the bind of DE, it is the cheapest bind.

Of all your post, i just like the Mirajane buff suggestion, you shouldnt post about magics when you havent used them or atleast you dont know about them. If someone won using a magic and you post that it is op and rage, Ryan wont care about your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Every magic I have named a nerf for is one I have used before.

a lot of these suggestions mean simply going in and reworking whatever code was put in for the damages. Who gives a shit that WDS and DF don't stack anymore, I already knew that, what I was talking about is the fact that they don't need to because the damage calculations for the WDS moves are already pretty high, reduce them. LDS doesn't have a drive btw, nor should it, since it wasn't in the manga, which I go by.

I have been a Lightning Sky God Slayer, I know how much the heal drains. I have fought Sky God Slayers, they run around like hell anyway, each and every one of them, they don't care about being still when they heal because most of the time when they aren't fighting other OP magiks their opponent doesn't deal enough damage to kill them for remaining still while they heal.

DE transfomation is devastating, that needs a nerf as much as the binds.

I know what I am talking about, otherwise I would not have made this post. The question here is do you know what you're talking about?
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm

My wrong, i was talking about WDS not LDS, try to use a WDS and you will see that the dmg isnt as op as you say, if they nerf WDS again, no one will ever use it, im not WDS and i know that, WDS would be the weakest magic in the game.

SGS isnt that op, as i said WDS and SGS got nerfed this week, why would we nerf it again?

DE bind is the cheapest and needs a nerf, but i dont see the problem with the transformation.

You talk about make the magics based on the anime (if they character is op, the magic should be) when in the FAQ it explains that, did you read the basic guide atleast?
Back to top Go down
Aomine Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:34 pm

I look at White and Poison Dragon Slayer magiks and compare the damages I see with Lightning and Iron Dragon Slaying magik, and think to myself all the time that something is wrong. Nerfing WDS would simply make it equivalent to those other two magics that are way more balanced, you could say that Iron Dragon Slaying Magik is perhaps too nerfed since one of the Secret arts is basically useless (Iron Dragons Drill).

If it wasn't done right the first time, that's why you nerf it again. Not like God Slayers don't have a bunch of different healing magiks if they choose sky anyway.

I didn't say that if the characters are OP the magik should be OP, I am saying that perspective wise certain magiks shouldn't have what they have unless you boost the other magik that is better than it, or at least nerf it so that they're equal to the other magik they got beat by. In the manga, Sting was all flash and no substance, in this game it doesn't take much to be a WDS and be devastating. Gajeel in the manga is legit, but his magik in game is pitiful damage wise. What do you do? Nerf WDS or boost IDS? This is why I bring characters into question, to balance it out. Yes, I read that impromtu guide on the forums
Back to top Go down
rodoux

rodoux

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

WDS is balanced, Poison is balanced but the poison dmg is very high at low lvls so a nerf to it would be fine, LDS needs a buff since the damage is low, IDS can be op, i dont remember who but some player use it and he is op (maybe Wiz or Infinity). If you see the dmg of WDS, it is low, if you nerf it more then it is gonna be the weakest magic of all the game (including SS). About IDS just one skill needs a buff. (Kishin).

Ppl already left WDS, you can ask in the chat, do you want the game to lose all WDS characters?

WDS is fine, you just need to train, are your stats high? If your stats are high you can say about them damage, but if it is low, then you need to train more. Buff LDS, as i said they have low dmg.
Str is easier to lvl than mp, so IDS users can train faster and do massive dmg.
Back to top Go down
Eiry

Eiry

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

Would have supported... but dang... these suggestions XD
I mean really, can you at least state it instead of talking all "gansta and rage."

But yeah, I don't think there's nothing wrong much with White Dragon Slayer.
Heal still could use a nerf though since the cooldown is still low and pretty strong. Unless it got updated this wipe.
And your suggestion on Dark Ecriture is... "Nerf this magic, shouldn't be as strong as it is."
What kind of suggestion is that... XD

Just like with your White Dragon Slayer suggestion, "Doesn't even take skill, any nub can be it, have even average stats, and be devastating, so lame." This is a suggestion thread... not a rage thread... XD
Back to top Go down
Mech

Mech

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:15 am

WDS just is stupid, it has a beam, a 3-tiled beam, a massive release of projectiles, and then like 3 punches, including nova, which gets some kind of 'aoe' effect to it, plus its projectile, and white drive, tbh, its not so much that white is too strong, its that other ds like Iron are much weaker, i mean, all of irons spells rely on str, and theres only 7 spells, including its 'iron scales' buff, and that only buffs def >.>

Sky, again, is just stupid, both of them, as the only slayers with heals, they kind of tend to be op, because not many magics even have heals(counting solid script, i think theres three magics with heals that arent just self heals)

lastly Dark Ecriture, yeah, when ryan decided to 'nerf' binds, he forgot this one, because dark ecriture trap is the easiest bind to mass spam into oblivion, add on to it something that doubles attack, speed, and punch rate? it becomes a highly used magic that people think is the best because they can just target you, and pwn.

I am making changes, but one of the major ones is how strong all the OTHER magics are in comparison to magics currently in the game like this.

tbh, tho, i mean, none of these magics are actually op, WDS is easy as hell to avoid, and if you have something with a movement speed buff, you can dodge them, and while their stuck breathing light, you can punch the crap out of them. Dark ecriture, out of the three is the hardest to beat, since sky requires targetting for the heals to work, and they do have a cd, by the time they have the ability to heal themselves, you can easily inflict about exactly that much too them, dark ecriture, out of the three is currently really the only one of those that are 'op', and thats really just because of the bind, which is sad, because of how many people have requip, or get requip, robes of yuuen should seriously be like a 'must use'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Magics that need nerfs   Top 3 Magics that need nerfs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Magics that need nerfs
Page 1 of 1